Unofficial Zone Diet Site
Not long after Dr. Barry Sears created and popularized the
Zone Diet through his book, "The Zone", interested people began to create
web sites on the subject. This is mine. Here you will find many
resources that will make starting and staying on the Zone Diet or any
40-30-30 nutritional plan a lot easier.
Upon reading "The Zone", I was intrigued by the idea that the
very food we eat and the way we combine it can have dramatic effects on
our health. By balancing ratios of protein, carbohydrates and fat in
each of our meals (and following a few simple rules) we could be on the
way to much better living!
Now this diet does present some challenges (as any new Zoner will
tell you). What I've assembled here is a collection of resources that
will make it easier for anybody who decides to try the Zone Diet or
40-30-30 eating plans.
I'd like to share a little information for those who may be unfamiliar
with this diet but first, realize this: I'm not a doctor and even though
I have played one on TV, I am not AMA sanctioned and nothing that I say
or write should be considered medical advice. Now for those of you who
are interested in knowing more about the Zone and 40-30-30 diets here's
what I've got:
- An introduction to the 40-30-30 diet plan - This is important if you want to understand anything on this site! It won't take long to read and for it's small size, this intro covers a lot.
- Planning your meals is a snap! Use my handy on-line meal planning software or download a copy for your computer. Create 40-30-30 meal plans from scratch in just a few minutes using a built-in 1000 food database!
- Calculate your own dietary profile the easy way! Find your body fat percentage, lean body mass and create your own personal 40-30-30 requirements profile. This even handles some extreme cases that aren't covered in the book (such as very heavy people or unusually tall women). Use this software on-line or download it for your computer.
- Fill out my survey and help build a statistical database. 40-30-30 diets sound impressive but how well do they really work? The results of this on-going survey may help to determine that.
- You can join or start a support group in your area! Find out if one is already available and if there isn't one near you, find out how you can get in touch with Zoners in your area!
Here are some commonly asked Zone or 40-30-30 related questions:
Here are some other unofficial Zone Diet sites:
Of course, if you haven't already been there, check out "The Zone Files.
For more information on 40-30-30 bars and other related products try:
If you have suggestions or questions, just E-mail me and I'll see what I can do. I always respond to queries but I've found on occasion that I cannot reply to some e-mail address. If you don't hear from me within a few days please re-try and include your (or an alternate) E-mail address in the body of your message.
Zone Diet is a trademark of Eicotech Corporation